Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Friday, July 22, 2011

Anything But Ordinary


It's Wednesday, September 11, 1991... I'm having my own 9-11 problems today after last night's heavy drink party.

Luckily I never get hangovers, but I am tired and dehydrated! To celebrate, I sleep an extra 15 minutes until 7AM, and then get ready for work at Kaneda Kita Chu Gakko (Kaneda North Junior High School) where I am an assistant English teacher on the JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching) Programme here in Ohatawara-shi (Ohtawara City), Tochigi-ken (Tochigi Prefecture), Japan for 13 months.

It's raining today. A typhoon is blowing through, but luckily it's not a big one. It's just a very hard rain with some wind. No big deal as I get a car ride from the school's nurse, Mrs. Gunji.

Kita Chu. God, I hate this school. The students really are a pain in the butt. There are some nice kids, and the teachers are all very nice, but there is just a large amount of kids who are not interested in learning but are interested in disrupting classes so that no one can learn.

The whole area is dominated by a farming community, but that's no excuse. Sakyuma and Kaneda Minami and Chikasono are schools that derive their student population from farming families. I don't know... maybe Kaneda Kita is less economically successful than the other areas. I doubt it. They have a large, modern  and rather nice school. Far better than the old one at Chikasono.

Maybe it's just my luck that Kaneda Kita Chu is being run by a bunch of juvenile delinquents at this particular time - and maybe once they graduate (every student graduates from Japanese primary and junior schools here in 1991), the next generation of kids will be better.

I've met those kids from the nearby primary school (Ichinosawa Sho Gakko)... a few times now... and they are all pretty decent! So, I hope there is hope.

Let's skip ahead. School is over and I go home.

My ex-girlfriend Ashley who is now my friend-with-benefits comes over. It's that time of the month, I suppose. Whatever. It's still good to see her.

We chat and wait for Kanemaru-san to come and take us to our kyudo (Japanese archery) practice, but he doesn't show up. No phone call... nothing. That's not like him. I hope he's okay.

Still... that's okay by us, as Ashley and I are having a good time with each other... later when Kanemaru-san does come by at 6:30PM (30 minutes late), we pretend we're not home so that we can snuggle and watch some video taped television programs from home.

Ashley is acting in a very funny mood. I like it. I wish she was always so hilarious, but I guess it's a hormone thing.

At 10PM, I ride home with her, grab a decent kiss and buzz back home to work on my jigsaw puzzle.

Somewhere life seems normal,
Andrew Joseph
Today's blog is by: Avril Lavigne: CREEPMYSELFGOUT

No comments:

Post a Comment