Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Thursday, July 21, 2011

North American Baseball and Japan Women's Soccer

Looking good while losing a bet.
Seconds after Japan's women's soccer team - the Nadashiko - defeated the USA on Sunday, July 17 at the World Cup soccer finals in Frankfurt, Germany, Minnesota Twins baseball manager had a breathless visitor.

Twins infielder Nishioka Tsuyoshi (surname first) raced into the office of Ron Gardenhire to celebrate his country's win and to get his manager to pay up on their bet.

Twins manager Ron Gardenhire lost a bet with infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka over the World Cup Sunday and had to wear a shirt reading: I Heart (love) Japan Woman's Soccer. It also has a small Japanese flag under it.

Based on his reaction, Gardenhire seems like a good sport: "I prepared myself. Does this look good on me?"

Those aren't the type of twins that Japan - It's A Wonderful Rife wanted to see, but yeah, he looks okay in the shirt.


Had the USA defeated Japan, Nishioka would have had to wear something similar, according to Gardenhire: a shirt stating: 'I love American women'

I love American women? That's not even remotely embarrassing. In fact, neither is the I love Japan Woman's soccer shirt! What's wrong with these guys? There should be some sort of penalty involved in losing a bet! I love American woman? hell, I'd wear one right now. I mean, USA soccer goalie Hope Solo? Yowza! Sorry... she is one of the best goalies I have ever seen.

While it has been pointed out that some of Gardenhire's managerial tactics are suspect, one can not argue about his ability to manage the various talents and egos within the clubhouse. Known as a man in charge, he is still, as evidenced by his poor betting ability a man who knows how to be one of the guys.

Hey! How do I get one of those I Heart (Love) Japan Woman's Soccer t-shirts? I'm an XL (48-inch chest). Hint-hint. Please?

2 comments:

  1. My wife would not like it if I wore a shirt that says, "I love women"... Sheesh! I'm 54 and have no interest in running around and she still thinks I'm frisky (where in the world does she get these weird ideas?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you are a man. Regardless of whether or not you would even consider running around, women know that men like to look. You are 54? Never would have guessed!

    ReplyDelete