Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Picking Up The Pieces

Boo-hoo. I was feeling pretty down and sad about myself and my wonderful rife yesterday. Really... never drink and then blog. I mean... look what happened to that poor girl on Japan's woman's soccer team! HERE

It's Friday, September 13, 1991.

I am still teaching English as an assistant teacher on the JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching) Programme like I have been doing every day for nearly 14 months now.

I'm still not feeling much better about the job I am doing or effect I am having here at Kaneda Kita Chu Gakko (Kaneda North Junior High School), one of the seven junior high schools I visit in my hometown of Ohtawara-shi (Ohtawara City), Tochigi-ken (Tochigi Prefecture), Japan.

I'm from Toronto, Canada. I'm 26 years old, and not including nursery school or kindergarten, I was a student for 21 years... and have been a teacher for just over one. That's a lot of school for someone who actually hates school.

But I do like kids. I do like Japan and the people here and honestly until I arrived here I had absolutely no interest in ever learning anything about Japan. Truth. I applied to the JET Programme because a girl I liked was applying.

I was just trying to get laid for the first time.

I got into the Programme and she did not. Sex was part of the equation when I landed here. But, thank-you Japan and the JET Programme), because after 14 months, I have become quite adept at getting laid. If I am bored or horny or appear to be single, I have a woman come up to talk and the next thing you know...

But today's blog is not about sex. I just wanted to talk about it, because as down as I sometimes get about life, I have had a wonderful rife here. You can to. Just invite me with you to Japan and I'll get you laid.

Actually, besides looking for a free ticket to Japan, I'm bragging.

Today still sucks at Kaneda Kita Chu Gakko. It's raining again, and I feel like I am just merely going through the motions here. The students act like they don't want to learn, and they are bring me down.

After class, I sit at a monchrome computer. You would think that Japan - with all of it's technical skill and industrial might - would have the coolest, most modern computers on the planet. Every computer I saw was an orange or a green monochrome computer. No one had the Internet. Of course, it was 1991.

I was writing away on the Japanese stylized keyboard - having programmed it to write in my preferred Canadian alphabet, when two female students come over to chat with me.

For 10 blissful minutes, we chat in English and Japanese and are having a great time discussing what Canada is like.

Then I have to go home!

They are taking me home JUST as someone finally wants to talk to me at this infernal school?!

Why am I going home? It's so damn early? Gunji-san the school nurse takes me home at 3PM, arriving 30 minutes later. Thanks to an all important teacher's meeting, myself and these two lovely young ladies get screwed out of some key internationalization between Canada and Japan.

Man, am I depressed!

I go shopping for some food for my dinner and the mope around my large apartment (it really IS large!) doing my crossword puzzle.

Oh! The students did do pull a funny trick on me earlier at lunch: one kid stuck a long, thick piece of yarn in the back of my pants so that it looked like a tail. I walked around school like that for 40 minutes until a teacher pointed it out.

That's the type of disobedient behaviour I like. Good-natured fun!

At home, I vegetate and don't do anything until 2AM tomorrow. Neither Matthew or Ashley call or come over. Very strange, but I appreciate the free time to feel sorry for myself.

I stay up late doing a whole of nothing (too bored to masturbate even!) knowing that I can sleep in tomorrow. I don't even mind that I'm sleeping alone tonight.

Somewhere puzzling,
Andrew Joseph
Today's blog title is by Difford and Tilbrook: I'MINPRISON

No comments:

Post a Comment