Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Song 2

It's Saturday September 7, 1991. I'm living in Ohtawara-shi, Tochigi-ken, Japan for 13 months now. I'm an assistant English teacher on the Japan Exchange & Teaching (JET) Programme. I love my life in Japan and the freedom it affords me. Up until moving here, I had never left home. Ever. As such, I never knew how to cook, clean, do laundry, shop - you name it and I had domestic bliss... or rather domestic indifference. After two weeks here, I learned how to cook and began putting on a the 10 pounds or so that I lost upon arriving.

Ashley was my girlfriend from Day 2 in Japan. That lasted about 10 months, off and on. Mostly on. We are currently friends-with-benefits, though I haven't seen any benefits for about two months now.

Yesterday, I was to have my first real date with a Japanese woman - Shoko. I had already slept with a few Japanese women, but Shoko was the first I had thought I could have a real relationship with. Our date fell through, as she was to have called me with details on when and where we would meet. I missed her call(s).

Fate.

Strangely, I'm not overly disturbed by it.

I'm up at 10AM. I figure Ashley will drop by this morning after visiting the Ohtawara Girl's High School (she also teaches at the Boy's High School) to watch a play. She does. We chat. I've been angry with her most of the week owing to my jealousy of her being asked to participate in a kyudo (Japanese archery) tournament I was already entered in.

I prefer to be the center of attention. It's 1991 and I'm 26-years-old, and I don't have that much experience with members of the opposite sex despite having slept with a dozen women in my life... all since landing here in Japan. Most of it has just been sex, with Ashley the only real girlfriend I've had. I did have one other girlfriend back in Toronto - my first... Bryndis Swan. I was 22 and she 18. She was like Ashley... Brains, cute beyond belief (though Bryndis had a sense of humour to rival or surpass my own  - she was also smarter than me, which is something I prefer in my women... besides myself, of course).

When Ashley leaves, I clean up my apartment again. It's my defense mechanism. My place was already clean in anticipation of my date with Shoko. I wasn't expecting a sexual encounter with her, but I was ready nonetheless. So why do I need to clean up again? Ashley either puts me on edge or I do it to myself. I guess I want some benefit to our relationship, or I want there to be a relationship. Probably both. Or neither. I'm confused.

I do laundry and flip on the television noting that a typhoon is coming. Perfect.

Ashley comes back to my place at 6PM. We watch some Star Trek: TNG videos I have and decide to forget about practicing kyudo tonight. I don't want to for fear of weakening my arm for tomorrow. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

We decide to wrestle with each other (arm be damned). She tickles me (I'm ticklish), but since she isn't ticklish, I need to even up the playing field and so grab her boobs. A fair exchange, right? We continue to wrestle for a long time. Then we inexplicably stop and watch some more videos: The Twilight Zone (new version). Wrestle again. Take a break. Wrestle some more.

I wonder if she was just waiting for me to make more of a move than grabbing her boobs? But I don't. We continue to wrestle until she cracks her head against the wooden part of my sofa.

To help, I give her e a massage and the massage her boobs. That's a fair exchange right? I mean she did almost break my sofa!

Apparently the massage is what she considers "Andrew making his move" because we are quickly all over each other and head to my bedroom. But, her Aunt Flo makes an appearance and that means less for Andrew. Oh well. She was still interested in providing some benefit to our friendship.

We finish up at 3AM, chat until 4AM.

We're both exhausted, sweaty and have to get up at 6AM to get ready for our kyudo tournament on Sunday.

This should go well.

My arm is really tired from all of the practice we put our friendship through.

Somewhere the spirit is willing,
Andrew Joseph
Today's blog title is by Blur: WOO-HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment