Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Retired MMA Fighter's Excellent Dance Video


Below, is an interesting video I found on You Tube today.

It's a video by the group World Order led by Genki Sudo (yes, the retired MMA Mixed martial arts fighter!) and their song is Machine Civilization that came out on June 20, 2011 as a response to the March 11 earthquake.

Sudo is a fighter and a lover of the arts, particularly music and choreography. He says (via someone else's translation and then adjusted to much better English by myself):
Many disasters are ongoing in Japan; earthquakes, tsunami, and nuclear accidents. These unprecedented events may be avoided someday soon. That’s why, through World Order, I have tried to convey as a message to you in my own way. I see these accidents will become a turning point of civilization. I think the time of revolution is coming, where people in the world will coexist with this planet against the system of modern society, economy and politics.
Any accident is neutral. Although we are straying around this deep darkness, I believe we can get through anything when we each let go of our fear, and face things positively.
The world won’t change on its own. We do change one by one. That makes the world change. The darkness just before the dawn is deepest. So, we should rise up together to greet the brilliant morning coming for the human race.
WE ARE ALL ONE

Here's the Wikipedia entry on Sudo that lacks any information on his current incarnation as a musician: NOMUSIC

The video below has got some unusual dance moves and I found it quite cool, which is really why I am sharing it here!

Musically, it's not my style, but I can still appreciate it. It's in Japanese, but you really don't need to understand it to 'get it'. The dance moves are sweet, however.



What I find particularly interesting is that it is shot in a Japanese airport and it appears as though no one knows what is going on. A sick security officer with a face mask on sees them, then turns away and walks towards the camera... sees the camera and quickly gets out of the way, as it is obviously better to be polite and walk out of the way of a photographer or cameraman than go and see just what the heck is going on in airport... you know, what with security supposedly being important and all.

Cheers,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment