Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Friday, September 20, 2013

America's Got Japanese Talent - Revised

Okay... I like watching television. I watch a lot of sports - mostly hockey and baseball - which is good because the schedules rarely collide thanks to ineptness of the teams I follow. I also watch detective shows (Elementary, Hawaii 5-0, NCIS, CSI)  and supernatural ones (Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Under The Dome and Sleepy Hollow).

I also watch a buttload of shows on Netflix - unabashed plug, that a girlfriend told me about - and get it through my Sony PlayStation 3. Also a plug... I'll get a PS4 soon enough. The Wire. Kingdom. Red Dwarf. Arrested Development. Mad Men. Breaking Bad.

I also play videogames... I'm on Year 2020 in my MLB The Show 2013 game... and do some car racing games, all the LEGO ones, and am looking forward to getting Diablo III after playing the first two on my PC maybe 10 years ago.

I've watched a few reality shows... but generally feel that my own reality is effing bizarre enough that I don't need anyone else's so-called life interfering with my reality.

I also do a little bit of writing, spend time with my wife and son (coached his soccer team this summer and I think all the kids had as much fun as I did - god... baseball coach next year?), build LEGO, and read a book a week. I think I even squeeze in a few hours sleep.

Now... because I have been forced to occupy my time - a man can only masturbate so much - it is possible that I have missed out on a few things on TV... though I don't see how, as I am also fully versed on The Looney Toons (brilliant!), Johnny Test, SpongeBob Squarepants, Scooby Doo - Mystery Inc., Monsters Vs Aliens, Legends of Chima, Ninjago, Dragons - Riders of Berk, and Kung-Fu Panda - Legends of Awesomeness, which is one of the funniest programs I have ever seen.

As such... I haven't watched American Idol or America's Got Talent, Survivor, or crap like Big Brother. I am a Gleek, however.

Because I am busy... I missed out on the recent appearance by Japanese dancer Kenichi Ebina (surname LAST), who recently appeared on America's Got Talent... dancing as though he was within a video game.

It's extremely well choreographed and I enjoyed it thoroughly. He gives a bit of an autobiography (in English), and he seems like a real nice person. He's a helluva dancer, too. I saw him perform a couple of moves that looked like the film was in reverse... wow.

Plucked from YouTube - Enjoy:

Oh yeah... he won this year's event.

Cheers

Andrew "I'm bored" Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment