Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Monday, September 30, 2013

Rock Songs With Japan-related Topics

Being a guy who like his rock and roll and his rock and roll chicks (okay… that was back in the day… Saturday, I think), I was curious about how many rock and roll songs there were about Japan or the Japanese.

I wracked my brain - or what's left of it, and came up with a few… anyone else care to add to it? Just keep in mind that it's not about Japanese rock groups—it's about all things Japanese.


Sushi Girl - Tubes
Don't Worry Kyoko - Yoko Ono
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Japanese Girl - Metro Station
Godzilla - Blue Öyster Cult
Tokyo Storm Warning - Elvis Costello
Mr. Roboto - Styx
Tokyo - A Flock Of Seagulls
Enola Gay - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (OMD)
My Woman From Tokyo - Deep Purple
Left Hand Suzuki Method - Gorillaz
Doesn't Remind Me - Audioslave

And sort of like pop-rock:
Harajuku Girls - Gwen Stefani
Tokyo - Bruce Cockburn

I still think Gwen is hot, but I only put Cockburn in here because my wife insisted - especially if I was to include OMD... which I admit was filler for this list. Hell... aside from Start Me Up, I don't think Elvis Costello did anything akin to rock and roll... filler.

I admit I wanted a bigger list... but... the heart wants what the heart wants.

Anyhow... that's all I could think of.

Does anyone else have any other bands and songs to add to the list?

Cheers
Andrew Joseph
PS: And yes... the image above is of Japanese rocks...

No comments:

Post a Comment