Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Global Correspondence

Aside from the usual "you're a fugging ego-maniac with a small dick' e-mails and comments I receive on behalf of this blog (only partially true, as I am hardly an ego-maniac!), I sometimes get nice ones from people praising me for at the very least attempting to present order in a chaotic computer internet universe.

To them... I say, thank-you.

On one particular blog I did last month, I was inspired to research and write about a painting a gentleman saw for sale in England... one about a London to Kyoto hot air-balloon trip in 1879, that despite all of the research I could muster, I could find no physical evidence that such a trip ever occurred. So why the painting? I offered up my hypothesis, and hoped the questor was satisfied.

And then I received an e-mail thanking me for writing about that painting - but from someone else.

It's cool.What you don't see is the fact that every day I receive more than a few e-mails providing personal commentary (mostly always positive) about my blogs. My buddy Vinnie provides me with much appreciated clues as to typos et al - thank you!

Others look to my blog as presenting them facts about the world of Japan not restricted to current events - and they like it. Guys in the military, ex-military, former AETs, current AETs, people who want to visit Japan but haven't... people who are living in Japan...

... like Micaela Braithwaite, whom I wrote about HERE... I love that she wrote back (commenting within the blog)... that's so very nice of her. I'm still envious of her dedication and talent!

I suppose that means she Googled herself. I'm laughing... because I do that, too. Once a year or so.  

Others, via Twitter - Alex and Japan Australia and Matthew - whom I first met on the JET Programme - all those years ago... it's so bloody amazing. Folks from all over the world read this blog.

I get readers from all over the world... even China... which used to ban this blog (a friend of mine was there and tried to read the blog, but found it always unavailable'... but I can see that I get readers from every continent except Antarctica. Stupid penguins can't type with their flippers. And from every country on the globe... even from places I had to look up to see where they were located!  

I especially want to thank a few local friends who have been reading: Caroline, Deb and Rob... all of whom I haven't seen in a while, but at least they know I'm still alive and kicking.

And... even though I haven't heard from him in a few months... Mike Rogers of the Marketing Japan blog... who encouraged me... and is one of the reasons why this blog has had over 1.1 million views... and is why I write every day for this blog... I haven't missed a day since the beginning of February when I took a month off for reasons which seem stupid now, as I probably should have written more.

So thanks, everyone.

Tweet, write an e-mail or write a comment or don't do a damn thing... but keep on coming back when the mood strikes. I'll still be here.

Cheers,
Andrew Joseph  
PS: I've got some things to do today, so only one post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment