Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Guide Cats Help Tourists In Japan

One of my girlfriends, Alison W., sent me a link to a blog article that nearly made me barf up a hairball thanks to its near-offensive cuteness.

It's an article about cats… and not just about how cats are considered cute in Japan (kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii), but rather about how cute cats in Japan are being turned into tour guides.

I know, I know… you want to know how anyone could take the laziest or stubbornest or smartest creature on the planet and make them do… well anything.

My 20-year-old cat, Spek, who has become mine since the wife can not amuse her the way I do—I make the pussy purr with the stroke of my hand—has not done anything since I first met her 15 years ago. In this case I am talking about the cat.

She eats, sleeps, poops, barfs, and can do any of those four things while sitting on my lap. Again... the cat.

But a tour guide? I don't think my cat knows her head from her ass. Check that… I've seen her lick that, so she must know something.

I know that in my head I have given Miss Spek the voice of a Southern Belle living in Victorian England (really!), so if she could stop sleeping and get a real job (the cat), there is a possibility she would have a wonderful voice for it.

And then… then I actually read the description of the tour guide job the cats perform… and apparently they are part of a video or something like that (I didn't read the article that closely) that uses cats instead of real Japanese people doing things a Japanese person might do in Japan.

Check out the photo above... those cats are doing hanami - cherry blossom viewing... apparently drunk on sake (rice wine)... just like the Japanese people do every Spring!  

It's cute.

Aw crap. I just bought into the program. I think I've got cat scratch fever - dann-dann-dannnnnn!

Anyhow… here… check out the blog here at Kotaku.

And… thank you, Alison W., for extending your kitty curiosity to me. Meow.

Cheers,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment