Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Yo-Yo Baby Kicks Ass

Yo-yo-yo! Pay attention to this!

Check out the video below of a Japanese muchkin who's fashizzle with the yo-yo, yo!

My good buddy Julien at work, with whom we share a love of too many things to mention despite the fact that I am old enough to be his father is proof positive that Julien is very mature or I am not. Or we both are. Or we both aren't.

Whatever.

Meet Murata Kazuya (surname first), a Japanese six-year-old named Murata Kazuya who represented Japan in the senior division - the highest division in the the 2013 Asia Pacific Yo-Yo Championships held in Singapore.

The fact that this amazing video showing of the kid they unfortunately call the Yo-Yo Baby, was actually made last summer, but it was only recently posted on-line. It has made Murata-kun an internet sensation.

I am giving you a link to see the video, because it's the only site I have seen where the video doesn't lag.

YO-YO SIX-YEAR-OLD
 
Anyhow... Murata ended up in 9th place in the competition making you wonder just what sort of fugged up moves others were making. An old man from Indonesia won the event. I believe he was 14.

I have been unable to find out much else about young Murata, but holy crap he's good. When I was six-years-old I might have been cruising through grade 3, but I'm pretty sure I was also picking my nose or sucking my thumb... with different digits, obviously.

I even got my first yo-you at around that age, and I'm pretty sure I was forever asking my mom to untangle the string for me.

As I got older and more cool (ahem!) i was able to walk the dog and go around the world, but never could master rock the baby, because I had no one to teach me.

I'm not sure if anyone has taught Murata, but I'm betting he had some instruction. Still... the kid, at the age of six, was good enough to represent his entire frickin' country in something. No matter how you slice it, he represented his country and went mano-y-mano against other global representatives and did himself proud.

He makes me feel like I should have worked harder at the yo-yo. Not really. Still, it is jaw-dropping.

Cheers,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment