Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Thursday, June 5, 2014

iPad Air Sumo Ad

Here's a cool ad I saw involving sumo wrestlers IN Japan, perhaps knowingly or perhaps not knowing they are hawking Apple's new iPad Air thingamabob.

Let's see... it's a iPad, which is like a movie camera plus... crap... I have to look it up.

I am one of those people who uses a TV with a programmable video recorder, dvd and vcr player, video game system or three, and computers at home and work... and that's it.

I do not have a cell phone - no one calls, and I don't call anyone - though I probably should.

I suppose that's that lone wolf mentality I have of having to be 'on' all day long at work and at home while everyone is awake... and then... when I have free time, I kind off just think or look around and see the world.

Which is why I always have a smile on my face. Not because I am 'on', though maybe that's the reason, but because I don't have the distraction of people calling and texting me at all hours of the day.

People ask me why I don't have a cell phone, and I say I'm either at work, or I'm at home or I'm coaching soccer or I'm watching my kid play baseball or maybe I'm at the batting cage with him or I'm building LEGO or maybe I'm sitting at work doing work or maybe I'm answering e-mails from people around the globe or maybe I'm at home writing for a couple of hours a night or maybe I'm watching TV or reading a book.

Basically, by not having an effing cellphone I am NOT at the beck and call of anyone or everyone, and thus have more time to do what I want to do.


I pity those people who have their heads stuck up their a$$ texting people about nothing.

As for those of you who have tablets like the iPad Air... well... at least you are doing something hopefully positive with it... like what it says in the ad above:

"In a training facility in Japan, an iPad allows sumo wrestlers to analyze their movements frame by frame. So they can refine their technique and find the perfect angle of attack."

Awesome.

Except... I am not sure why there are two sentences. AI believe a simple comma who actually be gramaticaly correct, as the 'second sentence' defines WHY the iPad is being used, continuing the main thrust of the sentence.

But that's just me. I suppose most people have forgotten how to type complete sentences thanks to the abbr. form most people use when txtng. LOL. Not really. Who does laugh at loud, and what's wrong with them. At best most 'jokes' are worth a snort, owing to the fact that most people on this planet lack a real sense of humor.

Anyhow, I like that this ad seems to show a real sumo wrestler holding the iPad--I'm guessing that's true owing to the lack of a sleeve on the iPad holder.

I do admire the global thread of using a Japanese sumo wrestler to sell the power of the iPad.

While I'm not sure I could use it to get a bunch of 8-year-old soccer players with perpetual ADHD to shut up long enough to point out their flaws, I do think it's possible to do the same to the same-aged kids who play baseball, owing to a calmer demeanor required to play the sport.

Sumo dudes are also pretty calm, but that may have something to do with an overactive thyroid.

Cheers,   
Andrew Joseph
PS: This ad was on the outside back cover of a recent issue of The Hockey News magazine, of which I am a proud subscriber.

No comments:

Post a Comment