Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Monday, August 18, 2014

Neko Pitcher

I'd like to show you the newest cartoon to be featured in The Japan News newspaper, called Neko Pitcher... about a cat who is a baseball pitcher... which seems appropriate enough since my son is making me watch a horribly predictable movie called Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch... a 2002 movie about a dog who... whatever.

Neko Pitcher--that's him in the image above--is written and drawn by Sonishi Kenji (surname first).

Anyhow, click HERE for a look at Neko Pitcher, which has been translated quite well from its native Japanese to English.

I'm just not sure if it's supposed to be funny or not - because it's only mildly amusing.

I know one shouldn't criticize unless one can do better themselves, but the concept just seems weak...I mean that cat isn't even wearing a uniform! Where's his baseball cap? How does he grab a baseball without a thumb?

Does the cat throw anything other than furballs?

I'm not sure which is turning me off baseball more... Still... you get 27 outs before the game is over...

Cheers,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment