Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Monday, September 29, 2014

September 28, 2014 Simpsons Couch Gag

Submitted for your approval is the Japanese relationship with the Simpsons television show from the September 28, 2014 couch gag, appearing ever so briefly during the montage where Homer apparently has a time machine that first takes him back to 1987 and then forward to a distant star date in the future.

There - for a split second is the above image of the Simpsons in Japanese. Beats me how the hell I spotted it and could quickly snap a photo from my TV, but there you have it.

The episode features someone dying and I won't spoil it for you by blabbing, suffice to say the character is usually voiced by my favorite Jewish comedian to copy.

Oy gevalt!

And, in case you also missed it, the Family Guy premiere before it featured an hour-long crossover between the Griffins and the Simpsons, and despite Comic Book Guy's protestations that it was the worst crossover ever, I beg to differ. Plenty of laughs. I especially loved the 'chicken fight'.

Cheers,
Andrew Joseph

2 comments: