Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Japanese Firefighters - Rope Skills Competition

I guess I'm actually burned out from my first day back at work in nearly a month. I'm working on an article, but don't have the wherewithal to complete it this evening.

Instead, let me present a video on YOUTUBE that was directed to my attention by my buddy Julien.

It is a skills demonstration done by Japanese firefighters - that while showing off some bizarre and amazing rescues, also shows off some incredibly quick and spectacular rope work that would make anyone involved in BDSM cry in envy.

I'm merely a little misty-eyed.


I will say that when I was a lot younger than I am now, I used to watch fireman skills competitions on television, and on occasion will also stop by a fireman training center just north of my house and park the car and watch from a safe distance as firefighters train putting out real fires in various constructs.

About six years ago - just before I began this blog here in Toronto - firefighters from the nearby city of Brampton saved my house from burning completely down - and saved my comic book collection and most of my Japanese things of which I now write about.

I have ALWAYS, however, thought that firefighters, police officers and ambulance crews et al, should be much more than they are making. Anyone who goes running in the opposite direction that everyone else is trying to get away from - those guys are heroes.

Kanpai,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment