Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Monday, April 6, 2015

No Aliens In Japan

Like David Duchovny's character of Fox Mulder in the old TV show The X-Files (it's coming back to TV!), I want to believe in UFOs.

I refuse to believe that we as a tiny insignificant blue marble in space is the only one capable of supporting life life in the whole universe.

I didn't say 'intelligent life', however.

While I have not seen a UFO (well, I suppose I have - any unidentified flying object, is by its very definition an unidentified flying object, and I don't know what the hell I am seeing fly by in the skies - whether it's a plane or a meteor or an artificial satellite), I once came a cross someone who believed they had seen a flying saucer.

I was in a book store - where one can buy books made of paper - and was in the section dealing with UFO conspiracies such as the in famous 1947 Roswell Incident, and this guy walked up me figuring he had a comrade in arms, telling me of his experience.

Despite wanting to believe (or so I thought), my initial reaction was one that caused me to want to back away slowly from him.

I didn't believe.

Actually, I didn't believe him.

I always figured that if something or someone was traveling millions of kilometers in space to land on this planet, they wouldn't do so in some back alley wasteland, but might actually make more of a to-do about it... especially if they have been traveling here for decades, as some claim.

Why wouldn't it land in an urban area where there would be millions of witnesses such as in the classic 1951 movie The Day The Earth Stood Still?


I guess that's the scientist or movie fan part of me.

Anyhow... recently a Japanese politician queried the countries ASDF (Air Self-Defense Force) if Japan had ever been invaded by an unidentified flying object (UFO) from space?

Defense Minister Nakatani Gen (surname first) spoke at Japan's Diet (parliament) that Japan's ASDF jets had not come across any UFOs from space. Just the Russians and Chinese.

"When the Air Self Defense Force detects indications of an unidentified flying object that could violate our country's airspace, it scrambles fighter jets if necessary and makes visual observation," Nakatani says.

He continues: "They sometimes find birds or flying objects other than aircraft but I don't know of a case of finding an unidentified flying object believed to have come over from anywhere other than Earth."

What the hell type of birds are the pilots flying that are on their radar?

That politician was no other than former wrestler turned lawmaker Inoki Antonio... 

Antonio Inoki ponder whether to use his hand or his forehead to beak the cement block. Obviously in the days before he became a politician. Maybe.
Inoki is the founder of New Japan Pro Wrestling organization, but as recently as 2013, began his second term as a member of Japan's Upper House politics. He also 'fought' Muhammad Ali in 1976... an event I watched and went - huh?! in the days before we all learned the term WTF?!


I find it interesting that THAT was the big question of the day, rather than solving more of the inner space problems of Japan's economy.

So, Japan... you can take a deep breath and known that the only anal probing you might get will be from other Earthlings. For now. The only aliens in Japan are the gaijin... no promises on the whole anal probing thing, though.

Klaatu barada nikto,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment