Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Every Silver Lining Has A Clown, er Cloud

Proving you can't please everyone…

In my last blog, I gently urged people who are feeling suicidal to seek out a friend, family member and/or a professional mental health worker to provide them with the support they need.

This was after I received a message from someone I don't know, who had stumbled across this blog, telling me that they wanted to kill themselves.

I don't know if it's someone kidding around, or someone shouting for help, and I don't care... I assume it's the latter - I'd rather do something than nothing.

So I wrote what I wrote in this blog… and then received an e-mail from someone criticizing me for capitalizing on that person's cry for help to create a blog for myself.

Yeah… guilty, I suppose… I did write a blog somewhat inspired by someone's desperate call for help… but capitalize? Hardly.

What would you have me do? Ignore that person? Or should I have just personally dealt with THAT person and ignore any others who might be out there?

Capitalize? Yes - I am getting filthy rich from doing this blog… as if.

People, I don't make anything from creating this blog. I do not have any advertising streams on this site - by choice, even though I could surely use the money. Making money makes this a job.

I do this blog because I love to write. I wrote that blog because I love people.

I am writing this blog because I now love only most people.

Kanpai,
Andrew Joseph

2 comments:

  1. I have been in the same head space as your anonymous contact.

    You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pat - glad you are here for me.

      Delete