Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chocolate-Covered French Fries At McDonald's

I like Japan. I like McDonald's. I like French Fries. I like chocolate.

If this could somehow be shared with a soul mate, it would be the best marriage ever. Oh wait. It was.

McDonald's Japan is now sharing its iconic French fries with a drizzle of chocolate sauce for about an additional $0.60.

The Makkuchokopotato (マックチョコポテト) or Mac Chocolate Potato is the latest offering from McDonald's Japan, featuring its French Fries served with a dual sauce of chocolate and white chocolate sauce drizzled on top.

Welcome to McDonald's Japan… now you can order your diabetes to go.

Okay, I'm kidding… I have Type 2 diabetes and that was because I couldn't control my sugar-cravings et al. McDonald's Japan is simply offering a new product, and it's up to you to decide if it is for you. 

According to the McDonald's Japan website, you get "Atsu Hokuhoku", which as near as I can figure translates to "that hot feeling you get in your mouth"—and we've all been there, am I right? Hello? Is this thing on?

I am unsure if it's that same hot feeling one gets after trying to inhale a pizza slice fresh out of the 



What you do get is the saltiness of the fries mixed with the surprise sweetness of the chocolate sauce.

I would assume that the saltiness of the fries comes from the liberal sprinkling of salt upon the fries immediately upon removal from the deep-fryer, but what the Hell do I know.

The fries and chocolate-drizzled sauce will be available in Japan beginning January 26, 2016.

Eat them up, Yum!
Andrew Joseph
PS: Thank-you, Alice.

No comments:

Post a Comment