Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Perfume

Maybe I'm just getting old and prefer my dinosaur rock... and maybe I like the Japanese electro-pop group Perfume because they are really pretty hot-looking.

Perfume (パフューム, Pafyūmu) is a Japanese pop girl group from Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan, consisting of Ōmoto Ayano ("Nocchi"), Kashino Yuka ("Kashiyuka"), and Nishiwaki Ayaka ("A~chan") - all surname first.

In the photo above taken at the 2014 KKBOX Music Awards, we have Perfume's (left to right): Nocchi, A~chan, Kashiyuka. I thin I'm leaning more towards adopting Nocchi. I really, dig that haircut. It's my favorite.

I went through my electronica stage with The Human League back in the 1980s who were so effing technical at the time that their live shows were never as good as their studio albums where all of the tricks they had could be pulled off.

But with the modern times, Perfume shows that it can be.

I think it's mostly show rather than pure musical talent, but maybe I'm wrong and old. But, they do sing well, and more importantly in today's music world, they are very attractive.

The music is okay, I suppose if I was going to drop acid or take ecstasy and then perhaps it would be the best music ever. But I would have to do both together... and after I got out of the hospital I might think it was the best time ever, swearing i (why am I small?) would never do it again until the next concert.

But apparently there are plenty of people who get off on this type of music, and who am I to judge?

Perfume is a multi-platinum musical trio who have been around for 11 years, debuting their first album in 2005 but performing together for a total of 15 years.

Globally, they are popular enough that in 2015 they appeared in a world-wide Apple iPhone commercial that coincidentally enough helped propel them to even greater heights.

Have a look and listen to a song by Perfume...

On April 6, 2016, Perfume is releasing their 6th studio album - Cosmic Explorer, via Universal Music Group worldwide.

The album will feature five incredible newly arranged and mastered versions of previously released singles (internationally), as well as six totally new tracks such as "Next Stage with You", a song that was highlighted in a recent Japanese Mercedes Benz campaign. The commercial features 3D animation characters of Perfume by Sadamoto Yoshiyuki (surname first) who is best known for the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion.

To hear and see that Mercedes Benz commercial, click HERE.

Perfume have also announced that they will be hitting the road in May for their Cosmic Explorer Tour. The shows are set to kick off in Japan before crossing over to our shores late this summer where the trio will take their epic live performance cross-country. Details on tour dates to follow!

Cosmic Explorer Tracklist:
01. Navigate
02. Cosmic Explorer
03. Miracle Worker
04. Next Stage with You
05. Story
06. Flash (Album Mix)
07. Sweet Refrain (Album Mix)
08. Baby Face
09. Tokimeki Lights (Album Mix)
10. Star Train (Album Mix)
11. Relax in the City
12. Pick Me Up
13. Cling Cling (Album Mix)
14. Hold Your Hand

Hmm... are all the song titles really in English?

Okay, I've done my duty. That Mercedes Benz music is decent enough, I admit grudgingly.

Kanpai,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment