Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Tokyo Institute of Technology Song

Okay… because you never know just what the hell you can find on the Internet… after finding a video on-line depicting a Saturday Night Live skit, I watched it, and then noticed below a suggested video I might enjoy… an eight-year-old video... called:

Song of Tokyo Institute of Technology


Maybe I'm just weird, but I really like it.

Tokyo Institute of Technology is the Tōkyō Kōgyō Daigaku (東京工業大学). In English, it's acronym is TIT. I can make anything dirty.

Founded in 1881AD, the Tokyo Institute of Technology is a national top-tier research university located in Greater Tokyo area in Japan.

Tokyo Tech is the largest institution for higher education in Japan dedicated to science and technology. I know it's hard to swallow, but at the very top is the school's badge. I wasn't trying to be dirty there.

I can only assume the cool song is not the official song of the school - but if it was, I would want to go there! Even at my current age.

The song is peppered with a few English words just so the rest of Japan will know it is cool.

I love songs that include a fast-paced "One-Two-Three-Four!", and for the group to do it in English - just bizarre.

Would it have been as rocking if they said "Ichi-Ni-San-Shi!" ? Yeah.

The break, where the singer starts talking and describing the school is hilarious… BUT-But-but the echo-y scream that leads back to the refrain is pure genius.

Mike Rogers! I know this song is eight years old, but you gotta play it on your radio show.

Whatever… I used to be a suburban punk… I liked the music but wouldn't commit to the lifestyle fashions.

A Few! A Few!
Andrew Joseph

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Congrats. You made it dirty. ;)

      Delete
    2. Some say if you're more than a handful, you're ... too much.

      Delete
    3. Who are these people? But, you've seen images of my Noboko, so you know such things aren't a concern for me. Then again... plenty of other girlfriends have. For me, it's not a body type, but rather a personality and brains that I seek. Though I suppose I may subconsciously seek a body type - which varies depending on my stage of life.

      Delete
    4. Ummm ... I was just trying to circle back to "too much" and trying to include the boob reference (communication breakdown, maybe?) Not sure who those people are, though your response is interesting. At my stage in life, I don't seek. But I'm always interested in different points of views, and I read a ton of books and articles for both work and my own interests. :)

      Delete
  2. Andrew - This is unrelated to your post, but remember me? Steve Heyd, the one you wrote about back in 2011 - just came across that, and it brought back many memories. Would love to re-connect on facebook. Steve Heyd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey buddy! How's it going?
      I made the mistake of using the business version of Facebook for this blog: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Andrew-Joseph/342880312408481
      I think I have two followers who have since passed on. Bringing my total down to something like 4.
      Twitter @asj47
      Get me there with a line, and I'll send you my e-mail address in a private chat.

      Delete