Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Early Asahi Beer Poster

I don't drink alcohol that much anymore, but during my three-year-sojourn in Japan, I probably drank more than all the readers combined did over the same amount of time.

I have no idea why I am still alive, except that I am probably exaggerating. I drank when at office parties or at social gatherings (Japanese and JET), and while I would go out to see if I could get picked up at a bar, I usually nursed one or two glasses of bourbon/soda, or a vodka/orange, or a Kirin Lager beer. The plan, at the bar, was not to get drunk - just lucky.

Occasionally, I did get blasted - I recall nearly going blind from drink three Flaming Blue Lamborghini, but generally speaking I wasn't drinking every day, and while stocked, I did not drink in my apartment unless company dictated as such.

Anyhow… while I am recuperating from some minor surgery over the next few days, above is a cool promotional poster for some Asahi beer from the early part of the 20th century.

Kanpai,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment