Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Monday, May 30, 2016

Loud Women In Japanese




For all the images (and everywhere in this everyday blog), click on an image to enlarge it.

Let's take a look at the kanji for woman - look up... 
 
Yeah, it's a slanty 4 with a line through.

So... I decided to look up the word noisy in Japanese, because I had heard an ugly rumor about something - IE, this blog's weak topic.

Using Google Translate, I was given this:


I had always thought that urusai meant "shut-up!", but here it means "noisy".

Anyhow, looking at the definitions under 'translations of noisy' over on the right of the image above, one caught my eye... so I clicked on it... taking me to this:


What was particularly interesting, was the kanji at the very left inside the box (a close-up is on the right below).

Now compare it to the kanji for women (left below):


Granted that FFF threesome kanji is used by Google Translate to define the English phrase 'Knockabout" and not noisy, but I find it interesting.

Now... I've knocked around a bit - I'm a writer in my day job, and a blogger et al outside, and I've even been known to read a bit...

But I'm pretty sure I've never had a chance to use the word knockabout... which apparently means:

adjective
adjective: knockabout; adjective: knock-about
  1. 1.
    denoting a rough, slapstick comic performance.
  2. 2.
    (of clothes) suitable for rough use.
noun
noun: knockabout; plural noun: knockabouts; noun: knock-about; plural noun: knock-abouts
  1. 1.
    a rough, slapstick comic performance.
  2. 2.
    US
    a tramp or vagrant.
It just sounds like a Brit or Aussie or Kiwi-type of slang. 

What does it all mean?

I'm just going to say that I have no idea. That's the safest recourse.

Kanpai,
Andrew Joseph

2 comments:

  1. I expect a threesome of any formation is bound to turn into a knockabout as long as it's consensual and fun. Most likely to be noisy as well!

    ReplyDelete