Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Supercomputers: China No. 1 & 2 - Japan No. 5

China’s Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer has just been crowned the fastest supercomputer in the world, nearly tripling its nearest competitor, another Chinese machine, and beating the fifth-place Japanese supercomputer with speeds over nine times faster.

The Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer (see image above) has 10,649,600 computing cores and has a top computing speed of just over 93 quadrillion calculations per second.

Along with its speed, the Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer is also hailed as being three times more efficient than No. 2.

Designed and created by the Chinese National Research Center of Parallel Computer Engineering & Technology, the supercomputer was brought on line at the National Supercomputing Center, Wuxi, in east China's Jiangsu province.

Using a Chinese-developed computer core chip just 25 square centimeters (3.8 square inches) in size, the new computer achieved a Rmax rating on the LPACK (Linear PACKage of algebra routines – the benchmark against which supercomputers are measured) of 93,014,594 megaflops per second.

I’m no computer genius, but I have been called a rocket scientist, but 93 petaflops is equal to 93 quadrillion flops per second - which is how many calculations it can make in a second. One second. 

As for Japan… I’m pretty sure there’s no shame in having the fifth fastest supercomputer, but what do I know… I was first on the pre-Internet back in the late 1970s with my dial-in computer modem, message boarding with profs and university students in the U.S. and Europe.

Japan’s Top Supercomputer
K computer, SPARC64 VIIIfx 2.0GHz, Tofu interconnect
Site: RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science (AICS)
Manufacturer: Fujitsu
Cores: 705,024
Linpack Performance (Rmax): 10,510 TFlop/s
Theoretical Peak (Rpeak): 11,280.4 TFlop/s
Nmax: 11,870,208
Power: 12,659.89 kW
Memory: 1,410,048 GB
Processor: SPARC64 VIIIfx 8C 2GHz
Interconnect: Custom Interconnect
Operating System: Linux

For your viewing pleasure, here are the positions of Japan’s super computers within the Top 100 around the world.


 

 




 
 
 

For a list of the Top 500 global supercomputers, click HERE.

Banzai,
Andrew Joseph

2 comments:

  1. My life was destroyed when my husband sent me packing, after 13 years we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to my husband back to me. One day at work, I was distracted, not knowing that my boss called me, so he sat and asked me what it was all about, I told him and he smiled and said it was no problem. I never understood what he meant by it was no problem getting back my husband, he said he used a spell to get back his wife when she left him for another man, and now they are together till date and initially I was shocked hearing something from my boss. He gave me an email address of the Prophet abuvia which helped him get his wife back, I never believed that this would work, but I had no choice coming into contact with the sayings that I get done, and he asked for my information and that my husband was able to propose to throw him the spell and I sent him the details, but after two days, my mother called me that my husband was pleading that he wants me back, I never believed, because it was just a dream and I had to rush off to my mother's place and to my greatest surprise, was kneeling my husband beg me for forgiveness that he wants me and the child back home, when I gave prophet abuvia a conversation regarding sudden change of my husband and he made clear to me that my husband will love me until the end of the world, that he will never leave for another woman. Now me and my husband is back together and started doing funny things he has not done before, he makes me happy and do what it is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind need, please contact Abuvia Prophet for help. His email is prophet.abuvia@gmail.com his website is prophetabuviasolutiontemple.webs.com

    ReplyDelete