Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Living In The Past Can Be Tense


It's not funny because it's true. It's funny because it's funny.

In all seriousness, it's also impossible, as no one alive actually lived in Edo.

For the uninitiated, Tokyo was last known as Edo about 150 years ago in 1868. Tokyo means Eastern Capital.

As a final laugh, the initial statement of "I Live in Tokyo." has a capital "L" when it should a lowercase "l" as the respondent has correctly done. That person deserves extra credit.

Thanks for sending this my way, Vinnie!

Vinnie is the person who does his best to correct my poor grammar or note when I have left out a word or typed something incorrectly. For the record, I don't know how to type, using the thumb, nose-picker and middle finger on my right hand, and that one finger beside my thumb on my left hand to write at a rate of 65 mistakes a minute. Okay... maybe I only make a few mistakes a minute, but my awkward typing style does get me up over 65 words a minute.  

I'm no longer tense after that laugh!
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment