Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Monday, December 12, 2016

Talkin' 'Bout Sex, Baby

I didn't want to go to Japan. To be perfectly frank, I was just trying to get laid.

That was how I started this blog back in 2009.

When I was accepted to the JET (Japan Exchange & Teaching) Programme back in 1990, I had no idea if my chances of losing my virginity were going to be increased or remain the same (zilch).

I knew nothing about Japan. Wasn't even sure if I had ever met a real Japanese person prior to my interviews at the Japanese Consulate, and sure as heck didn't even want to go for fear of losing a decent job as an up and coming newspaper reporter in Toronto - at least that was how I fancied myself.

I had never read a book about Japan that didn't involve WWII, and even then, most of them were comic books. All I knew about Japan was that it was populated with navy-blue suited businessmen wearing glasses, geisha, ninja, and everyone was wary of Godzilla.

Okay, I did do judo for a few years as a kid... and had eaten sushi for the first time the night before I was scheduled to fly from Toronto to Japan.

I had no idea if Japanese women would like me, and I knew I had no idea how to communicate with them anyhow...

When I began this blog in 2009, I had no idea that Japan was going through a sexual devolution, where its men and women were in a downswing... not caring if they had sex or not (to a large degree).

When I arrived, Japanese women seemed gorgeous and open, and by that I mean they were not wary of me as they seemed to be in Toronto.

While I did not have a Japanese girlfriend until my second year in Japan, I had slept with two Japanese women. Plus a bunch of assistant English teachers from the JET Programme.

I slept with maybe four women that first year... which was four more than I had experienced previously.

So.. to me, Japan was like a Disneyland for childish adults.

By the time I left after three years, I had slept with over 35 women... only four of whom were non-Japanese.

Recently, I was gifted a pair of books by my friend and blog reader Vinnie - two books about the sexual openness of its women and how easy it was to get laid for a foreigner. The books were written in the 1960s and 1970s.

So... for me to finally understand a couple of years ago that Japanese women were no longer as accomdating as they once were... well... what the hell happened?

There are plenty of theories about why, but no one can offer a definitive explanation.

All I know is, that my trip to Japan was well-timed. If I had gone three years ago as a near 26-year-old, I would still be a virgin.

Clearly, timing is everything.

To me now, my time in Japan, as far as my exploits go, seem outdated. Sorry.

Anyhow, as I write this on the Sunday afternoon, it is my son's 11th birthday and the noise he and just two buddies are causing has wiped me out. Tomorrow, a real topic.

Banzai,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment