Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Monday, May 1, 2017

Godzilla's Witness

This photo sums up my weekend for me.

After a crushing week rushing to transcribe audio and write two feature articles for work, hours of baseball - scouting and practicing/coaching my team, writing this blog and finishing off one for my Pioneers of Aviation blog (I don't even like heights!), and starting another article while trying to memorize baseball rules - I'm burned out.

And I made the mistake of answering the doorbell, when I know it is within my right to NOT answer a doorbell, and don't if I don't know who is on the other side.

Burnt out, I answered the doorbell...

I was visited by a couple of nice folks from the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses who invited me to come and visit.

Being a brown guy, people seem to automatically think I'm some godless heathen who worships some false elephant god, but for better or for worse, I'm Catholic. And when I told the two elderly folk that am part of such-and-such Catholic Church, they still tried to get me to come and visit their Hall, as though my form of religion wasn't as good as theirs.

I've read The Bible, Quran, The Torah, Tibetan Book Of The Dead, and the Egyptian Book of the Dead... and they all preach the same basic message... if it makes you happy to be happy, then be happy.

I'm kidding, but really, if I'm going to be more interested in science, I should be fair and see what all the noise is about regarding religion.

I know, I know... I spent umpteen years in Catholic school... and what I learned is that everything after that are all just breakaway factions of the one true church. LOL!

That's actually true when it comes to Christian-based religions... a bunch of quitters didn't care to follow the rules of the Christian Church and decided to start up their own versions of it.

Truthfully... good for you. I'm more agnostic nowadays... I believe there is the possibility of a god, but don't really follow religion.

To do so, I would have to be pretty damned arrogant... and I'm not... because I would have to commit to a religion with the belief that I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

My mom was Catholic, my dad Protestant, his mother (my grandmother) was Jewish. I was engaged to a Buddhist in Noboko, who was also into Shintoism... what's a guy to do? I believe in everyone's right to believe what they want to believe... just leave me out of it.

Anyhow... it's why I posted the photo above.

Love and do as you will,
Andrew Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment