Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Friday, June 15, 2012

Google Maps of Andrew's Home In Ohtawara

While I work on a longer article for you all, I thought I would share with you some Google Maps of where I used to live in Japan.

I lived at 307 Zuiko Haitsu in Ohtawara-shi (Ohtawara City aka Otawara - no 'h') in Tochigi-ken (Tochigi Prefecture).

The area in which I lived has not really changed that much in 20 years. Not at all, considering I was able to actually find it visually - considering I can no longer read much Japanese.

In the first photo, a long view, my 7-floor apartment building is indeed quite visible - it's right in the middle with a dark grey roof - slightly above and to the right of the center of the image. I lived on the third-floor in a wing that jutted out in the front side of the building. But really, what is cool about this photo is that it looks so crowded, but really, it wasn't. There were quite a few open areas. The roads were all pretty much one-lanes (each direction), with most just barely having enough for one car to pass.

In the photo below, you can see my building right in the middle.
Large, dark-grey-roofed building in the middle - Andrew Joseph slept there!
 I know, I know... what sort of blog is this. It's filler. But  this is my filler. Nostalgia - ah yes, I remember it well...

I used to park my bicycle under the dark red/maroon roof on the front right of the building! I was the only one who ever locked up his bicycle! No one ever had their bicycle stolen! Strange country!

Thanks for indulging me,
Andrew Joseph

   

No comments:

Post a Comment