Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hiroshima 67th Anniversary

I didn't want to make a big deal of it, as August 6th, 2012 was the 67th anniversary of the US bombing of Hiroshima that was the beginning of the end of WWII.

I didn't want to make a big deal of it because yesterday was a somber day for many in Japan... and in truth, there was also much celebration as Japan's women soccer team defeated France in a classic game (although the USA vs Canada game was right up there too).

I figured people who cared would honor the dead and those that cared would celebrate the victory. But then I got grief from a reader who wondered why I did not mention the Hiroshima bombing. I did last year... HERE, and I suppose I could go on recalling it until I get tired of doing this blog and sell out to some big conglomerate.

So... to cave in to a request and a sort of complaint, here's a story from the BBC about the event: HERE. It's also got some anti-nuke stuff in it, so something for everyone.

Peace.
Andrew Joseph


    

No comments:

Post a Comment