Search This Blog & Get A Rife

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Death Of A Notion

Hi there... just a brief note to go with the photo above.

I was taken by Ashley P. Benning - of me reflected in the tombstone monument of some dead Japanese person in a cemetery in Ohtawara-shi, Tochigi-ken, Japan. Yes, I directed her to get this particular shot... as the black marble really stood out in this old place.

I know it seems crass, but at least I appear respectful in the artsy image.

I fear death.

Always have.

Despite that, I have done far too many death-defying things and wonder sometimes why I am still alive. 

To see myself reflected in this cemetery stone 20 years later makes me realize that I'm getting that much closer to being under one. Or behind one...

As for the title of this blog entry... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I do like the photo however.

Andrew Joseph
The real problem... I have 10 minutes to come up with something while my wife puts my son to bed before she comes back and continues to study in the computer room! No time at work to write due to deadlines! I'll make it up later on Tuesday... 
Spellcheck... I thought there was an a in cemetery. Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment