What I like about this trailer, is that:
1) You can actually see Godzilla clearly - none of this secret stuff about what it's going to look like... it's just - here it is... bask in his radiation-spewing glory before he knocks down your home.
2) Was that a day-time scene? Again... you can see Godzilla clearly. What a concept!
3) He looks pretty awesome.
4) Wait! Who was that hot babe in the leather jacket?! Now that's a teaser!
5) We have a classic and obligatory scene of Japanese people fleeing!
6) We actually see, from a human point of view, the destruction aftermath. I haven't seen anything close to that since the original Japanese Godzilla flick when we see a mother and two children cowering in a doorway as ash falls all around them hoping, but not believing that the father will find them soon.
7) Self-Defense Force? That looks like a Japanese military. It kind of does bring to light that Japan has been amassing a military since it was banned from doing so after WWII, hiding it under the guise of a self-defense force. I wonder what else it is hiding.
8) Baby arms! This time Godzilla won't be able to perform any sumo moves! You know what I mean...
Coming to a Japanese theater near... well... Japan on July 29, 2016.